Your air-conditioning unit is probably one of the most important appliances in your home. With the erratic temperature cause by global warming, we most probably need one in our home. Just imagine yourself staying in a room with no air-conditioning system at 40 degree temperature. Do you think you can rest comfortably? Work comfortably? Probably not!
Numerous studies revealed that extreme conditions such as heat and humidity can impact on our overall physical intellectual activity, making even the simplest of tasks an absolute chore. Scorching heat and humidity has a negative effect in our entire being as it could affect our physical, mental and emotional state. Have you noticed that when people are exposed to constant heat and humidity? They become easily get irritated and tired. Having a proper air conditioning system in your home or in your work place helps reduce heat and humidity, thus reducing the impact on our ability to rest, or perform our tasks.
The first thing we need to consider when buying an air-conditioning unit, whether you chose to have a split type or a window type air-conditioning unit, is to know if it can survive under tough conditions. Because we all know that we tend to overuse our AC system during the summertime, especially if you are in Perth during summer where temperature can hit 40 degrees or more. If your AC cannot withstand the severe usage especially during summer, then it is best to have the your favourite air conditioning repairs hotline number in hand, just in case that your AC’s will not function in its top condition.
The efficiency of performance of any product would depend on its proper maintenance. This simply means that if you want efficient performance from the product you bought, you need to take extra good care of it. Let me share to you the 6 Effective Ideas in Keeping Your Air conditioner in Top Condition, even your air conditioning Perth!
- Take extra care of the filter. In any type of AC, the filter is one of the important parts. Air-conditioning filters should be regularly changed every month or every 2 months, depending on the frequency of use and its location. Dirt and other pollutants tend to collect in the filter that would decline the performance of your AC unit. Unchanged filter would tend to gather dirt which would also be unhealthy since the contaminants such as bacteria, mould, fungi, dust, cigarette toxins, etc. may gather in the filter and can make you sick. Plus, the dirty AC filters would also increases your maintenance cost in terms of air conditioning repairs.
- Clean the compressor regularly. Compressor is the part of the AC which compresses low pressure and changed it to high pressure gas. The compressor is also responsible for drawing out the heat from the refrigerant and transferring it to the outside air, so that only the cool air will circulate in the room. If you want your AC to produce cool and refreshing air, you have to make sure that the compressor getting regular clean up. For longevity, you may use oils is specifically intended for the AC maintenance.
- Replace the old evaporator coil. The evaporator coil functions as heat absorber when the air passes through the system thus provides cool air throughout the space. To improve the air circulation and air flow in your home or office, you must replace the old evaporator coil of your air-conditioning unit. So, if you want to have cool and refreshing air inside your home, replacing old evaporator coil is a brilliant idea.
- Check the air ducts. Air ducts are usually spread throughout the entire house or room making the area cool and comfy. The ductwork should to be regularly cleaned to remove the dust gathered on air ducts to keep the room cool and well-ventilated.
- Use refrigerant. The function of refrigerant is to soak up the extra heat in the room and supply cool air. There are cases that a refrigerant leak would occur. In these cases like these, you should call a trusted air conditioning repair contractor or company to check and probably repair the refrigerant.
- Ice must be in the refrigerator not in AC. Due to extreme usage ice may form in your AC and would block the tube. In this instance your AC would not produce cold air even your filters were clean. Ice in your AC means that the refrigerant is low and needs to be replaced or adjusted.
I hope this tips would help you in maintaining your air-condition in top shape.