If your living room is looking a little jaded and you have finally decided to revamp, consider natural stone. This will give you a new dimension of elegance, and with such a wide range of stones and finishes, you won’t be short of options. Here are just a few examples of how you can transform that most important of living areas, the lounge.
- Stone Cladding – Modern solutions give the homeowner a wide range of choices, and with unique finishes, one can really create the perfect backdrop for almost any design concept. Stone is unique because it works with most concepts, even modern and contemporary looks. Natural stone cladding is the ideal solutions for walls, and if you happen to be in Western Australia, Mataka provide stone cladding, and are experts with all stone related issues.
- A Traditional Stone Fireplace – This makes a great centre piece for the room, and with the right fire, the winter evenings will be cosy. If you have a large room, you might want to consider a stone wall either side, with ample space for ornaments, and you can even create a bookcase.
- Feature Stone Cladding – Modern solutions allow for affordable natural stone looks, and with tiles, installation is easy. Not that you should attempt anything like this, unless of course, you have experience with stone. The professional will not only do a great job, they can also advise you on design possibilities that you may not have considered.
- Travertine Floor Tiles – This limestone type of material is ideal for floors, and with unique designs available and the best imported travertine, the floor pavers will give the room a unique look and feel.
- The Brick Look – Many people like the look and feel of a small brick construction, and this can be easily achieved with the right tiles. The rustic look is one that brickwork complements, and with lots of pine, the look is complete.
- Faux Oak Beams – These come in a range of timber grains, and really give the room that country look and feel, and with stone cladded walls, your living room will have an air of elegance. They might look bulky and solid, but with composite materials, you can have the rugged solidity, without using heavy materials, as there is no support, it is merely an aesthetic addition.
- Lots of Timber – There is a wide range of timber grains and colours, and by using this for skirting or ceiling architraves, you can create a refreshing ambience, and with the right fireplace and shelving, the lounge will really be a place for relaxation.
The living room is the one room where all the family members come together and relax, and by creating a soothing environment, everyone will reap the benefits. Natural stone is an ideal choice, as it is timeless and lasts forever, and with the right design, your lounge will be a new experience.